[chbot] Meeting Reminder: Monday 16 September 2013 from 6.30pm to 9.30pm

Charles Manning cdhmanning at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 03:16:47 BST 2013

>How does one check those cords for asbestos?

Easy. You just don't worry about such a tiny amount of asbestos.

Same as you don't call in the hazmat team if I drop a CFL.

I remember the old asbestos string, but I thought the newer stuff (1990s+)
was synthetic - probably Dacron since that is super flexible and strong and
does not stretch.

If you want to test for asbestos, the easy way is to try to burn it.