[chbot] Warman Challenge

Mark Beckett m.beckett at amuri.net
Mon May 20 21:45:07 BST 2013

The mechanical Engineering students that Hanno and I ran into in Jaycar
(Alasdair, Zak, Paul, Josh) are undertaking this challenge.
http://seit.unsw.adfa.edu.au/static/pdf/Warman%2013%20v%201.pdf

They have chosen to cross at the angled part, hence the folding bridge
as the 'vehicle' must fit within a 400mm cube before starting.

Last years challenge is here
http://ncedaust.org/index.php?select=189
There is a link to videos at the bottom

Its a great challenge (if not quite a lot for 2nd gear Engineering
students) and perhaps our educators need some suggestions for resources.
Unfortunately they didn't quite get all the advice at Jaycar, however
Hanno and I steered them to Molten Media and a few other resources.

Mark