[chbot] Is "Stacker" game of skill, of chance, or is it rigged?

Paul Davey plmdvy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 10:27:11 BST 2013

The Manual explicitly names it a game of skill and under the sections for
skill settings explicitly notes that as it is a skill game the winning
ratios are approximate not fixed.

Asserting that because they gave approximations it must be rigged is flawed
because such approximations can be derived by considering a statistical
model of the player and analyzing the game.

I would say that the game is a game of skill but is still basically a
psychological trap and a game which has an exponential skill requirement
curve.

Unless anyone wants to get a cabinet and do reverse engineering to prove
otherwise I would say that the game is one of skill, but designed in such a
way that it is unlikely that you would win the big prizes.

Also to Mike's comment about an automatic player, such a device would be
rather conspicuous and if they found you using it would likely result in
being banned from the game, in addition if all of the major prizes
disappeared in one go or even very quickly they would likely just move or
retire the cabinet since it would no longer be profitable.  Not to mention
that if you were caught on camera doing this it would likely still result
in at least banning from the store.

Not to mention that any such device would likely still have a chance of
failure on higher settings due to delays and need to use prediction.

Paul