[chbot] Triac snubber

Mark Beckett m.beckett at amuri.net
Mon Jan 21 21:05:15 GMT 2013

Jasper
Here is the cct we used. (hope it goes thru the system)
it was used in Nightclub Lighting controllers, which were often
switching inductive and not very nice loads.

I think we 'borrowed' the design from a commercial unit, after we cooked
a few pin spot transformers.
The triac is an insulated one, which allowed bolting to the heatsink
without insulation, hence you could earth the heatsink for safety.

Mark