[chbot] Triac snubber

Jasper Mackenzie jasper.mackenzie at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 19:41:24 GMT 2013

> I'm not sure of your application but would an off the shelf SSR work for
> you instead of building your own?
  It looks like ppl are having similar trouble with some SSR's.... I
imagine it must only be _some_, but which 8)
Just checked element14 and you can get them for as little as $10 for 8A
240V. They still need a snubber. Interestingly the SSR datasheet mentions
that zero crossing SSR (and I assume triac/driver) combo will not work
well for loads with poor power factor... I wonder if this is a problem
with SMPS, not so much pf but the spikey nature of the current.
  ok, this looks like an idea for the future. In the meantime I have triacs
etc...