[chbot] Voltage to colour RGB LED driver?

Andrew Errington a.errington at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed Mar 14 05:50:39 GMT 2012

On Wed, March 14, 2012 08:29, Jasper Mackenzie wrote:
> Heyall,
> Thought that a single RGB LED could be a great way of visualising device
> temperature. I have been looking for Vin->Colour RGB LED driver chips, but
> cant find anything. I assume that this _must_ exist, can anyone suggest a
> part number?

Look for PIC12F675 :)

This should do what you want:

<http://www.enide.net/webcms/index.php?page=power-pic-rgb-voltage-controlled>

Hook up your varying voltage to Hue (might need a buffer) and then use the
Value pin to set the brightness (midnight rave to soft romance).

Here's a related project:

<http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=8167>

Have fun!