[chbot] Voltage to colour RGB LED driver?

Jasper Mackenzie jasper.mackenzie at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 00:33:23 GMT 2012

> with an say 3 segments per colour and a resistor per segment to one
> colour
> to control brightness. so as the bar graph steps up the brightness of a
> colour of the led increases. so you will start of with dim red, red
> becomes
> brighter, then dim green mixes with bright red and so on. If you follow
> my
> drift.
  Sure do, its a great idea. Ive goto use that (or similar) chip for the
amps VU meters anyway!

As an aside (and to show my ignorance), the amp modules provide Iout and
Vout, so for a useful VU meter must I multiply? Practically is there any
difference assuming that a speaker is _mostly_ resistive to just using V
or I (provided as 0-5v).

Jasper