[chbot] Cheap Arduino Stuff

Pieter Britz pabritz at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 03:33:20 GMT 2012

I bought a forrduin Mega 2560 board for US$13.89 (shipping included) from
AliExpress.com
also bought:
1x HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Module Range Detection Sensor for US$1.79
2x NRF24L01+ Wireless Transceiver Module 2.4GHz For AVR ARM Arduino MCU for
US$6.50
1x L298N Stepper Motor Driver Controller Board for Arduino 2560 ARM STM32
AVR A063 for US$7.99
waiting for
1x USBASP USB ISP AVR Programmer for US$9.89
1x OV7670 Camera Board CMOS VGA 640X480 CameraChip Image Sensor Development
Module for US$16.29

Lots of fun stuff. I think AliExpress is sometimes a bit cheaper than
DealExtream.
Just need to hunt for the best price.

Cheers,
Pieter

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 12:54 PM, Andrew Errington <erringtona at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been browsing HobbyKing too, lately.  I am sorely tempted by this:
>

> http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__22393__Hobbyking_6_in_1_Machine_Tool_Sanding_Turning_Sawing_Wood_Turning_Drilling_Milling.html
>
> I don't want to be the first to buy it, in case it's rubbish, or just
> a toy, but it does look viable.
>
> Another source for Arduino and associated bits and bobs is DealExtreme
> (www.dx.com).  I just placed an order for a bluetooth serial adapter
> and an Arduino mini.  I've never ordered from DX before, so I'll
> report how it goes.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Andrew
>
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 4:25 PM, Stuart Brown <stuartbrown2 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I see HobbyKing have an ever expanding selection of Electronics, Robotics
> > and Arduino stuff. Since they are a hobby site there is a lot of stuff
> aimed
> > at flight control, like sensor shields. There are robot platforms, you
> can
> > get a cheap one for US$10. See here
> >
> http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__689__689__DIY_Electronics.html
> >
> > Stuart

> > Meetings 3rd Monday each month at Tait Radio Communications, 175 Roydvale
> > Ave, 6.30pm
> >
> > When replying, please edit your Subject line to reflect new content.

> Meetings 3rd Monday each month at Tait Radio Communications, 175 Roydvale
> Ave, 6.30pm

Pieter Britz
+64 201 2374835
pabritz at gmail.com