[chbot] Atmel Programmers

Mark Beckett m.beckett at amuri.net
Wed Oct 19 00:09:27 BST 2011

Jasper
like you I avoided C things for many years, until someone put me onto
Arduino.
Its C++ and apart from forgetting the ; or the {} I have been pleasantly
surprised.
The chips have a bootloader and its a complete IDE which runs in Linux,
Mac and windows.

It's open source and there are many variations of boards at reasonable
prices.
There is plenty of support on the forum.

If the standard flavour aren't fast enough theres a Chipkit UNO runing
32bit at 80Mhz, which Element14 (ex farnell) have at NZ$39.
http://nz.element14.com/digilent/chipkit-uno32/chipkit-uno32-development-board/dp/189321101

Mark