[chbot] Interest in a Christchurch Hackerspace?

Andrew Starr ajstarr at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 10:25:07 BST 2011

Hi everyone,

This was originally posted to the TVIC and Christchurch Spacecraft Google groups, I've re-posted it here at the suggestion of one of the Spacecraft forum members:

Is there any interest out there to start up another Christchurch
hackerspace along the lines of Spacecraft?

I am an electronics engineer living in Christchurch, and I have an
electronics/physics project I've been mulling over for quite some
time. It would be great to have a place I could go and work on it, in
the company of like-minded people working on interesting stuff.

I realise it's probably going to be difficult locating a suitable
space, but I'm thinking that if we can get a dozen people together,
that should make the monthly rental of a small warehouse or lockup
feasible.

I suggest that if anyone is interested, that they register that interest on the Christchurch Spacecraft group, for ease of coordinating the next step (whatever that might be).

Cheers

Andrew