[chbot] Building a Sea Pearch ROV

Mark Beckett m.beckett at amuri.net
Sat Oct 1 05:25:21 BST 2011

Kerry
Have you seen what they do it on the underwater scooters.
These are designed to be immersised, and don't seem to use an air line
to keep the water out.
Fresh water usually isn't an issue, as submersible water pumps use the
water flowing around the commutator to cool it.
Even the submersible ones in petrol tanks use the liquid to cool.

For saltwater (and chlorinated) it might be enough to flush with running
water, which could utilise a fitting or device to force the water through.

The glands on yachts aren't usually required to deal with any sort of
depth, however 10m is 1 bar (14.8psi) more than the the surface.

Mark