[chbot] Building a Sea Pearch ROV

Richard Jones rjtp at ihug.co.nz
Sat Oct 1 04:51:17 BST 2011

Traditional yachts use a stern gland to seal the prop shaft. Here is a
diagram: http://www.sea-dreamer.com/subject_page.asp?subject=Stern%20Gland&pagename=2
I have a tub of waterproof grease that I use to seal the stern gland
and I could let you have a little blob. But I suspect vaseline will be
about as good and more friendly to youngsters.

Richard