[chbot] ARM boards

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Fri Nov 18 11:50:47 GMT 2011

On Fri 18 Nov 2011 22:33:00 NZDT +1300, Michael Field wrote:

> Over at http://www.raspberrypi.org <http://www.raspberrypi.org/> the
> Raspberry Pi has almost finished baking

The original question was to "run a few sensors", for which the RPi
rather sounds like overkill - it's more a game/multimedia console. Still
very interesting. Not sure it's open hardware. I was about to say I'll
have one just for the fun when I looked for the datasheet of the
Broadcom SoC chip they want to use, and find /. says "in typical
Broadcom fashion, no information and let alone a datasheet is
available". Shame, the project looked promising, pity they killed it by
using a proprietary NDA part that's only of any use after heaps of
reverse engineering. Or were they thinking of shipping a bunch of
binary-only drivers?

http://volker.dnsalias.net/	Please do not CC list postings to me.