[chbot] Interesting presentations at our next meetings

Nathan Kennedy nathan at kennedytechnology.com
Mon May 30 12:19:35 BST 2011

Hi Richard and group,

I'm normally read-only on here, but definitely enjoy the content of the
mailing list.

I have been spending a lot of time developing a library for the Arduino
which I intend to release into the public domain (after all, that's what the
Arduino is all about, right?). I've named the library Teleduino, which
allows remote operation of the Arduino functions via several methods
(serial, telnet, http, or via proxy). The Teleduino uses a generic protocol
that I've defined, using human-readable ascii-hex.

Documentation for the protocol is work-in-progress. I've got a Technical
Writer working on this for me.

In the mean time, I've written a PHP library which handles all the protocol
level stuff, so if you know a little PHP you can easily interface with the
Teleduino by just calling some simple methods.

I'd be keen to come along to a meeting and see what people think, and
perhaps have some people try some stuff out with it. Perhaps I could put
something together as a presentation? All that is needed is a Arduino module
(for the serial method at least), and an Ethernet Shield (for all the
network based methods).

I attended one of the SpaceCraft evenings a while back, but with a baby, and
then earthquakes, I find it a little difficult to get along to these things!

Many thanks,
Nathan.