[chbot] DIY SMD reflow soldering

Michael Pearce mike at kiwacan.co.nz
Fri Jul 22 20:56:59 BST 2011

I have used a modified toaster oven for years... works great.
Have done lead and lead free in it successfully.

Getting a thermowave one (internal fan) makes a huge difference with even
heating.
Used thermistor touching the PCB to control the temperature profile.
Adding larger elements also helped.

Gave my NZ one away before I moved here, purchased a replacement one here
new for US$15
Haven't automated it yet.... but might be buying a real one in about 6 to 8
months anyway.

Mike