[chbot] 19' rack rails...

Andrew Errington a.errington at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Jul 15 00:57:51 BST 2011

On Fri, July 15, 2011 08:45, Chris Hellyar wrote:

> Ya, they only sell em in packs of 4x37U minimum at well over $100  Was
> looking for a cheap option. (I have an account for my business already,
> first place I looked)
>
> re: using angle alloy, that's what I'm probably going to have to do, I
> was trying to avoid having to drill and tap 40 holes! :-)

If you had a CNC machine you could clamp the angle to the bed and have it
drill them automatically.

If the piece is too long for the bed then you could make a motorised clamp
wheel which pushes the piece past the drill for a distance of 1U per hole.

Of course, the time spent building this feeder would be better spent doing
something else...