[chbot] How do I cast a Robotic Finger?

Chester t.ragfoot at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 09:13:20 BST 2011

When lifecasting a human finger you would use Alginate, that's the
stuff the dentists use. it is a powder you mix with water. you would
then cast it from that (temporary) mold in plaster or even melted
plasticine. then you would need to make another mold from that if you
are to use silicon or resin for the finished finger. you could also
use some of the new silicons that cure very fast and are safe for
skin. that way you can use that mold for resin or other materials
straight away. I have most of these materials in my workshop and can
order whatever else you need.