[chbot] How do I cast a Robotic Finger?

Pieter Britz pabritz at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 09:00:57 BST 2011

hmmm... Richard,
do you just need a robotic finger or a whole hand?
Will the finger just point or must it be able to bend?
must the finger have traction, e.g. be able to grip something, rubbery or
smooth service?

A hand from a fashion store figurine might work too.
Cheers,
Pieter Britz.

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 6:38 PM, Carl Ranson <carl.ranson at gmail.com> wrote:

> **
>
> Do you need a realistic texture etc?
> You might be able to use thermo-plastic if not.
>
> On 4/07/2011 11:03 p.m., Richard Jones wrote:
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions for how to cast a robotic finger? I recall
> Charles Fimm and Kay coming up with suggestions for taking moulds of body
> parts at past meetings. I would like to create a somewhat realistic looking
> index finger. I'm just wondering where I could get the moulding ingredients
> from locally, and how to go about the process?
>
> Richard

> Meeting Time and Location uncertain while Science Alive is out of action.

> Meeting Time and Location uncertain while Science Alive is out of action.

Pieter Britz
+64 201 2374835
pabritz at gmail.com
New Zealand