[chbot] OT....what should it cost?

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Thu Jan 27 09:53:17 GMT 2011

On Thu 27 Jan 2011 22:21:27 NZDT +1300, Carl Ranson wrote:

> That's good, cos I did have a question about where babies come from...

Is this an engineering question...?

Back OT (?!??), I agree with the general vibes that analog is on the way
out, and running component video or similar signals around the house is
very expensive and difficult to do properly (read even more expensive).
It's not worth the trouble. Run CAT6 and use a cheap computer at each
endpoint, with an hdmi graphics card if you must. Might not be much
cheaper, but it'll work, it's future proof and flexible.

http://volker.dnsalias.net/	Please do not CC list postings to me.