[chbot] DIP package ADC chips?

Chris Hellyar chris at trash.co.nz
Tue Oct 7 09:50:54 BST 2008

Use a PIC 12F675?

I've got some of those in me bits box, and some code that does 10 and 8
bit A/D to rs232 on a couple of ping, serial commands in one pin, result
out the other.  Wrote it a while ago for a dodgy PLC project. :-).

They are cheaper than a 4 port 10bit A/D....  No good for high speed
stuff using rs232 signalling, but very simple to implement in software
on your 'parent' micro, and handy in an 8pin DIP with no support
components bar a monocap on the rail and a resistor/cap filter on the
inputs if required...

Cheers, Me.