[chbot] Cheap, low voltage, high current h-bridge

Andrew McDougall a.mcdougall at aucom.com
Mon Mar 17 19:10:27 GMT 2008

Hi Hanno

If you want CHEAP then I have used discrete BJT's.
The BC807/BC817 will run 400mA and cost 0.02NZD each
If you can up the voltage and down the current you get a cheap H-Bridge
with low loss

6 BC807/817's = 0.12
4 BAS16 diodes = 0.08
6 0805 resistors = 0.042
parts cost = 0.242

the downside is you don't get heaps of current and SMT is the cheapest
(NZ not china) way to assemble.
If you need a bit more current the BC807 will parallel with some
derating.

Andrew