[chbot] USB silly-scope

Michael Pearce mike at kiwacan.co.nz
Wed Feb 20 09:18:38 GMT 2008

The only one >200KHz that I can find close to your price range is off shore
US$250ish

http://www.beigly.com/catalog/hantek-dso2090-oscilloscope-p-96.html

The problem is that if you go over 200KHz the ADC's get very expensive, and
also you need a lot of on board memory for buffering, high speed processors,
Full speed USB 2.0 etc etc if you want it to be close to real time. All
these factors add up to a lot of $$$

I have an Acute Logic analyser that has been very good - but cost  $$$$, but
paid for itself on the first use.
They have a local agent and I believe there scopes are as good. (Probably a
lot cheaper to import than buy through the agent)

http://www.acute.com.tw/

Nichecom
Add: 1 Lincoln Avenue Tawa, PO Box 56-045, Wellington, New Zealand
 www.nichecom.co.nz
sales at nichecom.co.nz
Tel: +64 4 232 3233
Fax: +64 4 232 3230

On Feb 20, 2008 9:52 PM, Chris Hellyar <chris at trash.co.nz> wrote:

> I didn't realise he was local, that's one of the ones google found for
> me...
>
> Unfortunately $1099 USD for his entry model is a bit more than I wanted
> to spend for the luxury of not having to lug my CRO around.
>
> (Weird that he has his prices listed in USD as well, which is why I
> didn't immediately pick up he was a Kiwi.)
>

> On Wed, 2008-02-20 at 21:43 +1300, Synco Reynders wrote:
> > Hey Chris,
> >       I'm not too aware of the other players in the market, however I
> support
> > the 'local' guy. Bart Schroder (lives in Auckland now, although once a
> > Canterbury guy) with his CleverScope (www.cleverscope.com). PC
> user-interface
> > is a bit clunky at first however find the shortcuts and life gets
> better.
> > Anyway support is excellent, you can almost get him 24 hours a day on
> Skype

Kiwacan
Electronics Design
Concept to Production