[chbot] Have I killed my bot battery?

Andrew Errington chchrobotics@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 08 Mar 2007 12:44:29 +1300

Here's a discussion on testing and evaluating SLA batteries:

http://www.fieldlines.com/story/2003/8/24/20535/6203

I have just bought a D3800 PSU from Dickies (on special at about $190 if
you have a Trade Card).  I am now trying to charge my four SLA's as
described in the article because I am sure one of them is dud, and the
others aren't much better.

Anyway, I hope you can resurrect yours and get some more use out of it.  I
have read that once they have been significantly discharged (less than
10.5V) then they are sad and won't last much longer.

Andrew