[Templates] Apache::Template performance

Joe Johnston jjohn@aliensaliensaliens.com
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 07:42:27 -0500

Folks,

Has anyone benchmarked the performance of Apache::Templates?
Without doing much optimization, it appears that I'm getting unexpectedly
low throughput. Using the ab tool, I'm able to serve about 110 static
HTML pages per second. Using a very simple tt2 (shown below), the throughput
drops to 17 pages per second. Is this precipitous drop normal? I am using
caching (with the XS module). Any thoughts on how I improve the performance?

Thanks.

The tt2 page:

-----
[% USE CGI %]