[Templates] Dumping core for no (apparent) reason

Hann, Brian Brian.Hann@umb.com
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 14:27:13 -0600

A while back I had a discussion with a few of you about a template that =
was having weird problems with causing perl to dump core.  It appeared =
to be related to a few lines of HTML at the bottom of the file.  Anyway, =
here they are:

</form>

Now it wasn't ALWAYS just those lines.  Sometimes it worked with just =
the last four lines removed, sometimes it broke while missing all those =
lines plus a few above them, but as you can see it's nothing special, =
the rest of the file is just HTML with directives and one call to a =
plugin.  All of that works fine, i.e. if I remove those few lines the =
template compiles and displays correctly.  There are no ^Ms in the file, =
and everything appears to be nominal.  I've tried this with an older =
version and the current version on CPAN with the same result.  I've also =
looked through the perl.core file but without knowing what to search =
for, I can't come up with anything.

I have absolutely no idea what is going on, maybe one of you does?

Thanks,

Brian

P.S. As always, apologies in advance for weird stuff caused by my =
mandatory email client, Outlook 98.=20

P.P.S. I accidentally sent this to template-toolkit.com, apologies if it =
shows up twice.