[Templates] Image plugin (was: Modifying TT functions at run time)

Mark Fowler mark@twoshortplanks.com
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 13:16:12 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Steve Sapovits wrote:

> ImageMagick/PerlMagick is the most full-featured image package
> I've used.  You could conceivably build a TT interface that
> would provide some level of dynamic imaging using IM.

Indeed, but it'd be stupidly slow compared to Image::Size.  Image::Size
doens't actually load in the image...it just peaks inside the headers of
the file and pulls out the info from there.  Unless of course it doesn't
understand the image format, in which case *it* uses Image::Magick do the
job.

Not that I'm saying that we shouldn't have an Image::Magick plugin, just
it's a seperate task imho.

Mark.

--
s''  Mark Fowler                                     London.pm   Bath.pm
     http://www.twoshortplanks.com/              mark@twoshortplanks.com