[mythtvnz] upgrade from V 31 to V 32

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Mar 23 09:32:13 GMT 2022

On Wed, 23 Mar 2022 17:54:55 +1300, you wrote:

>How is everyone finding the update to V32
>
>My backend is still on Ubuntu 18.04 and I'm a bit wary of a major update
>due to some of the DVB-S tuner's I'm currently using.
>
>I'll can see there is a V32 build for 18.04 so I might just give it a whirl.

I have found a couple of niggles with the MythCenter-Wide 1.9 theme. I
was using short timestamps in "Wed 23/03" format, but they do not fit
on the programme listings screen now due to the new percentage
watched/percentage recorded field just to the left.  So I had to
change to "23/03" format, which works there, but elsewhere (such as
the Guide screen) it is a pain not having the day of the week.  And on
my test box, I have some tuner numbers >100, and they do not display
unless I edit the theme to make a wider field for them.  I do like the
new percentage fields though - they are quite useful.

I think you will be needing to upgrade from 18.04 within a year anyway
- it goes into ESM status at the end of April 2023, I think, so only
security updates after then and you have to have an Ubuntu Advantage
subscription to get them.  And 20.04 is significantly better than
18.04, especially the systemd stuff, so it is well worth upgrading.

So what tuners are you thinking will be a problem?  If they are kernel
supported, they should still be kernel supported in all later kernels.
So do you have to compile drivers for them?