[mythtvnz] Anyone else using IPTV streams as channels under MythTV

OpenMedia Support support at openmedia.co.nz
Wed Mar 23 04:28:49 GMT 2022

I set this up a couple of years ago as we were having major issues with
our DVB-T and DVB-S feeds at a property we were renting.

I now have an approach for recording most of the major channels reliably
off their IPTV streams. The quality can be a  bit mixed as TVNZ typically
gets upto 720p whist TV3 is still 576p.

For reliability I'm actually using youtube-dl rather than the built in
IPTV support as there are a bunch of odd issued with the way some of our
media orgs stream their services.

If there is sufficient interest I'd be happy to share my configs.

Steven