[mythtvnz] What DVB-T tuners are people using?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat Jun 4 07:08:58 BST 2022

On Sat, 4 Jun 2022 15:06:50 +1200, you wrote:

>I recently bought this from PBTech:-
>
>Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD Four HD Digital TV Tuner PCIe
>
>https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/TVNHGR1607/Hauppauge-WinTV-quadHD-Four-HD-Digital-TV-Tuner-PC
>
>(I haven't got around to setting my MythTV backend with a grabber that
>does not use EIT yet.)
>
>A couple of people have stated that they are getting 7 days of EIT data
>but for me, several channels only have now/next. Could it be that they
>are using DVB-S?

Maybe they are not watching the channels that are only getting
now/next.  Or maybe the EIT data is different from different
transmitters.

BTW re your problems with mhegepgsnoop - try not using the -p option,
so that the MythTV Python bindings are not used.  If mhegepgsnoop is
run from root without -p, it should be able to access the database via
a "mysql" command.  Or you can add the -m option to provide it with a
username and password to use as a non-root user:

mhegepgsnoop -m "-u <user> -p<password>"