[mythtvnz] No EPG - need temp solution

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Apr 13 11:21:48 BST 2022

On Wed, 13 Apr 2022 14:05:02 +1200, you wrote:

>Greetings all
>
>I'm in the process of updating my system from DVB cards to an HD Homerun
>(along with major updates to my backend server) so I haven't rescanned the
>channels to get the change from a couple of weeks ago.
>
>All has been fine until a lot of my EPG data has stopped working - in
>particular Prime. I really need something to tide me over until I can
>finish my updates so I can deliver Bake Off for the next couple of weeks.
>I have been downloading from epg.org.nz, using epgsnoop on the DVBS card
>and mhegepgsnoop on the DVBT card and merging them using tv_cat and its
>all worked fine for years but now epg.org.nz stops at 22 March, DVBS
>doesn't seem to have Prime and mhegepgsnoop errors with "IOError: [Errno
>75] Value too large for defined data type"
>
>Does anyone have a generic EPG file they can send me I can manually import
>with mythfilldatabase that covers the next week or so, so I'm still alive
>on Friday morning!!
>
>Cheers

You might like to get the updated Python 3 version of mhegepgsnoop and
see if that helps:

http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/mhegepgshoop-0.7.2.py

As well as new features, it has had fixes for a number of things, and
I seem to remember a message like yours was one of them.

Also, the downloaded data from egp.org.nz was having xmltv-proc-nz run
on it before it was loaded on the web server.  So to get the same
processing from your own data from mhegepgsnoop.py, you will also want
to set up the new Python 3 version of xmltv-proc-nz.  See my post from
yesterday on this list for how to get it.

Note that mhegepgsnoop.py can not (yet) fetch EPG directly from
HDHomerun tuners.  See Mike Brady's scripts posted on the "No EPG,
what am i doing wrong" thread on 7/4/22 at 21:39 for his workaround
where you capture to a .ts file and get mhegepgsnoop.py to use
dvbsnoop to process the EPG from the .ts file.

I have put a copy of my today's MHEG5 EPG on my web server for you (it
has had xmltv-proc-nz run on it):

http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/freeview.xml.gz

But it is not generic - mhegepgshoop.py gets the xmltvid values from
the MythTV database and uses them in its output.  So it has my xmltvid
values.  To see how they are mapped to the channel callsigns from a
current scan, see this file:

http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/sourceid1.txt

So you would need to make up a sed file to change all the xmltvids to
match yours.  If you can send me the /tmp/xmltvids.sql file created by
these commands, I can create the necessary sed file for you with a bit
of SQL magic:

sudo su
cd /tmp
mysql mythconverg
create table xmltvids as select callsign,xmltvid from channel where
sourceid=1;
quit
mysqldump mythconverg xmltvids >xmltvids.sql
mysql mythconverg
drop table xmltvids;
quit
exit

Change the sourceid=1 to the correct number for your DVB-T source.

The above presumes that you have done a full channel scan since the
March channel rearrangements and so will have the callsigns set to the
currently broadcast values.