[mythtvnz] No EPG, what am i doing wrong

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Apr 7 04:14:58 BST 2022

On Thu, 7 Apr 2022 11:55:08 +1200, you wrote:

>I am now wondering if my issue (Incomplete EIT data) is location based.
>
>I get a very strong signal from the Sugarloaf transmitter on the Mount
>Victoria in Christchurch.
>
>My EIT listings have been working fine for several years until the
>recent channel changes and several channel scans (trying different
>settings).
>
>Today I thought that I might be onto something when I browsed into my
>HDHomeRun and realised that it's "Channel Lineup" was out of date so I
>corrected that with "Detect Channels" (and I also updated the HDHomeRun
>Firmware).
>
>Unfortunately this made no difference.
>
>Just now though, I looked at the lists on the guide on my fairly new
>Sony smart TV (not via MythTV) and it is showing "No programme
>information" on the same channels as MythTV is showing "NO DATA"
>
>Are any of you who are experiencing no issues with EIT data in Christchurch?
>
>Rob

That seems like a decent theory.  However, TVs sold in NZ are normally
"Freeview Compatible", which means they will use the MHEG5 EPG data.
That is what my 10 year old Sony does.

It sounds like you only have HDHomeRun tuners, so you would not be
able to use my version of tv_grab_dvb_plus to get the EIT data to
check it.  However, if you have a Windows system somewhere on your
network (laptop?), you could install Epg Collector there:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/epgcollector/

I think it is capable of talking to networked tuners, and it can
collect all the EIT EPG for you to take a look at.  And the MHEG5 data
also.