[mythtvnz] SkyStar 2 DVB-S card failing to load after 20.04 upgrade

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Tue Oct 19 11:53:25 BST 2021

> But you should not need the patch if you are happy to use input 3.
>
> I am getting my OpenTV EPG from the DVB-S multiplex on 12519 like you,
> but if you want to get it from one of the DVB-S2 multiplexes, you will
> need to set up dvbtune to do DVB-S2 by changing the -fec option to 2_3
> and using the -8psk option.

Greetings

I'm looking to move from a TBS6281 (DVB-T) & TBS6982 (DVB-S) combo to a HD
Homerun Quatro (so I don't have to patch the kernel on every update).

Can I get my EPG from this setup (using mhegepgsnoop) or will I have to
keep the 6281 card in the backend for when epg.org.nz goes awol?

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks