[mythtvnz] Python 3 version of mhegepgsnoop.py

OpenMedia Support support at openmedia.co.nz
Tue May 11 23:43:23 BST 2021

> On Wed, 12 May 2021 04:08:26 +1200, you wrote:
>
>>Thanks for the update
>>
>>I run with a map file rather than the database and I thing you've got a
>>bug. If I specify "-f map_file" it still tries to connect to the
>> database.
>>
>>I think you need to change line 891
>>
>>        if py_bind:
>>
>>        elif py_bind:
>>
>>Does that make sense?
>
> It should only have py_bind set if you have put the -p option on the
> command line to tell it to use the database.  The map_file and py_bind
> options are no longer mutually exclusive as both will be used if you
> add the -b option, so line 891 is correct.

I pre-tune with tzap as sometimes my grabber is on different hardware.
Then run

~/bin/mhegepgsnoop-0.7.0.py -o /tmp/epg.test   -z -f ~/mheg.list -d
"/dev/dvb/adapter${DVBT_CARD}/demux0" -c

Due to your logic I get an error connecting to MythTV's database

Getting channel info from MythTV database using mysql
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using
password: NO)
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using
password: NO)

        if py_bind:
                # Get database channel info using Python bindings

        else:
                # Get database channel info from mysql

I don't want/need either option.