[mythtvnz] Python 3

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat Mar 13 08:53:49 GMT 2021

On Sat, 13 Mar 2021 17:21:48 +1300, you wrote:

>Hi Stephen,
>
>On Wed, 10 Mar 2021 23:01:26 +1300
>Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
>
>> So do I understand from this that you have a Python 3 version of
>> mhegepgsnoop.py that runs and only fails on not finding a MythTV
>> module?  I think that because it is not finding that module, it is
>> actually failing very early, before most of the problem code even gets
>> executed.  You need to try running mhegepgsnoop.py in the mode where
>> it does not use the MythTV bindings.
>
>You're right, it was trying to load the MythTV module, and failing because there is no such.  I was puzzled, because the default operation is NOT to use MythTV; I tracked that down to the options parser, which had
>	action='store_true'
>where it should have been
>	action='store_false'
>After fixing that, it ran into the bytes-versus-string problems you mentioned.
>
>I have been working through those, and I have a version that works, or at least runs to completion without crashing; need to test some more.
>
>BTW, the version I have is called 0.6.2-jsw -- is that you, by any chance?
>
>Cheers,
>Austin.

Yes, 0.6.2 JSW has my fix for the buffer overflow problems when
reading from the tuner.

Let me know if you want me to test it for your.  My version is not as
far advanced as yours, so if you are making good progress, I may as
well wait for yours to be ready.  But my version is working with -p (=
use MythTV Python bindings).