[mythtvnz] Python 3

Austin Green austin.green at orcon.net.nz
Sat Mar 13 04:21:48 GMT 2021

Hi Stephen,

On Wed, 10 Mar 2021 23:01:26 +1300
Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> So do I understand from this that you have a Python 3 version of
> mhegepgsnoop.py that runs and only fails on not finding a MythTV
> module?  I think that because it is not finding that module, it is
> actually failing very early, before most of the problem code even gets
> executed.  You need to try running mhegepgsnoop.py in the mode where
> it does not use the MythTV bindings.

You're right, it was trying to load the MythTV module, and failing because there is no such.  I was puzzled, because the default operation is NOT to use MythTV; I tracked that down to the options parser, which had
	action='store_true'
where it should have been
	action='store_false'
After fixing that, it ran into the bytes-versus-string problems you mentioned.

I have been working through those, and I have a version that works, or at least runs to completion without crashing; need to test some more.

BTW, the version I have is called 0.6.2-jsw -- is that you, by any chance?

Cheers,
Austin.