[mythtvnz] New install - mythbackend password not accepted

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Apr 6 04:32:12 BST 2021

On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 06:02:53 +1200, you wrote:

>On 5/04/21 2:59 pm, Stephen Worthington wrote:
>>
>>> It looks like they installed correctly:
>>>
>>> +---------------------+-----------------------------------------------------------+----------+
>>> | value                 |
>>> data                                                            | hostname |
>>> +---------------------+-----------------------------------------------------------+----------+
>>> halt            | NULL     |
>>> stop     | NULL     |
>>> start    | NULL     |
>>> poweroff | myth     |
>>> reboot   | myth     |
>>> +---------------------+-----------------------------------------------------------+----------+
>>> 5 rows in set (0.01 sec)
>> No, there is a typo in all of them.  Between "bin" and
>> "mythtv-systemctl-helper.sh" it should be a "/" not a ".".
>>
>> And "ServerHaltCommand" also has "systemctl-helper-sh" instead of
>> "mythtv-systemctl-helper.sh" (missing "mythtv-" at the front and has
>> "-sh" instead of ".sh").
>
>Oh , OK I saw that  in your post at:
>https://lists.archive.carbon60.com/mythtv/users/625993
><https://lists.archive.carbon60.com/mythtv/users/625993> and thought it
>looked wrong ,but I chose not to question the maestro as I'm not
>experienced with mysql. I just copied and pasted the commands directly.
>
>It might pay to correct that typo at
>https://lists.archive.carbon60.com/mythtv/users/625993.

Ouch!  Sorry about that.  I have posted a follow up message.

>I chose to reinstall the OS and MCP yesterday. I haven't got around to
>using MCP to install mythtv yet.
>
>One question: I use ACPI wakeup and Mythwelcome. Will the changes in the
>start and stop commands affect how ACPI wakeup and Mythwelcome function?
>
>-Paul

I have never used ACPI wakeup and Mythwelcome, so I do not know what
effect the above commands have on it.  I would have thought that
having to type in a password would have made the ACPI code
non-functional and my helper scripts might make it work again, but I
do not actually know if the ACPI code uses those settings or has some
other way of doing shutdowns.