[mythtvnz] Frontend died - replacement?

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sat Nov 21 09:46:41 GMT 2020

My Frontend has just died & I'm using a spare - which I can't seem to get
smooth video on.

The replacement is a Gigabyte Brix with a quad core J1900 Celeron clocked
@ 2G with 4G of RAM and a 32G SSD. This should be more than enough for a
1920x1080 display but I'm getting lots of jaggies on movement and some
videos (H264 - probably captured off Freeview) have micropauses that makes
the sound stutter.

Any idea on what video profile I should use? I'm still on 0.28 and its so
long since I set up the original that I can't remember how to navigate to
the 'in depth' setup screens.

Failing getting the Brix working, any ideas on a decent replacement? I'm
thinking an i5 NUC but maybe that's an overkill (and by the time RAM, disk
etc is added it getting pricey!).

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks