[mythtvnz] Mythbuntu / MythTV 0.29

Paul paulgir at gmail.com
Thu May 28 19:55:27 BST 2020

Thanks for the info Stephen

I use a wireless USB mini keyboard so no lirc .No Mythweb either.

I will be  doing a fresh install on a separate SSD and keeping the
existing install until everything works.

So I couldn't go from 0.29 to 0.31 right now if I wanted to. Is there
any advantage upgrading the existing  system to 0.30 before transferring
the database to the new install?

Because I'm doing the new install on a separate drive ,I can leave the
database transfer till the install is running properly.

I prefer to do fresh installs rather than upgrades but I was not aware
that Mythbuntu could be upgraded now that the distro is no longer
supported/developed.

I'm in no rush to do a new install, so I will wait to see what your
experience with 20.04 is.

Thanks

Paul