[mythtvnz] Is it finally time to say goodbye to MythTV

Mark Kendall markk at kc.net.nz
Wed Sep 19 21:11:00 BST 2018

>> On 18/09/18 14:59, Mark Kendall wrote:
>>> I’ve also had little success with KODI and the MythTV plugin.
>> Because I have had no hassle getting Kodi to work with MythTV on
>> multiple frontends I wonder if you might be using a different add-on.
>>
>> I use the "MythTV PVR Client" (not MythBox)
>>

> Definitely the MythTV PVR plugin, I posted a message in the forums in 2016
> about it https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=298041 and have tried a
> few times since with no (or only very brief) success.
>
> Hopefully in a few months time I will have time to look into it more and
> will log a bug report to try and get more help tracking down the problem.
>
> I've seen that some not quite related fixes have been done that may
> possibly have an impact on the freezing so will probably try an update to
> see if the problem is still there.
>
> Mark

I tried Kodi again last night and had partial success after the pretty
much complete failures I use to get.

Kodi 17.6 with MythTV PVR Client 4.12.12 on Ubuntu 18.04 now works
Kodi 17.6 with MythTV PVR Client 4.15.3 on Windows 10 now works
Kodi 17.6 with MythTV PVR Client 4.15.3 on Android TV and also X92 Android
Box doesn't work.  Kodi crashes when I attempt to access TV option with
MythTV addon configured and enabled.

I think the main changes since when all the above builds use to freeze is
that Ubuntu and the MythTV server have been upgraded and a network switch
has been upgraded.

It's a nuisance about the android TV box not working, that's what I most
want Kodi on!  I don't know exactly what variant of Kodi 17.6 the Google
store has installed but I will next probably try downloading the following
from kodi.tv to see if there's any difference
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm64-v8a/kodi-17.6-Krypton-arm64-v8a.apk

Also, back onto the original topic regarding saying bye to MythTV, a
decent amount of time we go to OnDemand to try and watch something that
wasn't recorded (one off programs) we find that is not available.

Mark