[mythtvnz] Lirc is a disaster in 18.04 - do not upgrade yet

Scott Newton scottn at quantumchaos451.co.nz
Sat Sep 8 09:11:34 BST 2018

On Wednesday, 29 August 2018 9:50:23 PM NZST Stephen Worthington wrote:
> I have not yet actually used lirc-setup to get a working lirc config
> on my laptop - I will be getting to that over the next few days as I
> have time.

I used your script to install lirc - thanks. The main issue I found with lirc-
setup was the gi.require_version requirements. I needed to move them up to
after the import gi but before the rest of the related imports.

So in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/python3.6/site-packages/lirc-setup/
mvc_control.py

import gi
gi.require_version('Gtk', '3.0')

and in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/python3.6/site-packages/lirc-setup/
mvc_view.py

import gi
gi.require_version('Gtk', '3.0')
gi.require_version('Vte', '2.91')