[mythtvnz] Is it finally time to say goodbye to MythTV?

Austin Green austin.green at orcon.net.nz
Tue Aug 28 00:19:43 BST 2018

For me, a definite 'no' -- I'm totally hooked!  We can only get satellite here, and I'm sure 'smart' TVs do not generally include a satellite tuner.  I have a quad tuner card, so can potentially record 20 channels at once, and often do record six or seven simultaneously.  I don't use ad detection, it doesn't seem to be reliable enough, but I would not live without the ability to manually skip ads with a few presses on the remote -- one of the features that sold Myth to me many years ago.  I use the PC where MythTV runs for work and other stuff, so it gets upgraded/replaced as needed for that anyway.