[mythtvnz] Is it finally time to say goodbye to MythTV

Criggie criggie at criggie.org.nz
Tue Aug 28 00:05:43 BST 2018

I've moved house - the myth backend is in the rack but no network over
there, no satellite dish, and no urgent need to get it done.

The kids have found Subnautica recordings on youtube instead, and the
other half is too busy doing unpacking to watch TV.

As for TVs I've merely used them as big monitors.  So if you want a new TV
just go for it, and consider making the mythtv decision later.

Personally I'd consider building with a HDHomerun and a DVB T setup now,
but  that hasn't got to the top of the list... things like "fix squeaky
doors",  "run ethernet through house", and "find the damn cheese grater"
are much higher priority.

Personally, I haven't watched TV for years.  Its always been something for
the rest of the family.