[mythtvnz] TV3 => Three

Curtis Walker sultanoswing at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 08:04:18 GMT 2017

On 7 March 2017 at 07:41, Rory Grant <rorzer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a difference in the number of days provided by the EIT over
> terrestrial and satellite?
>
> Sorry, that sentence is a little difficult to parse.
>
> I use the EPG.org.nz info, but always leave "use EIT" box checked. When I
> was using satellite cards I recall the EIT being insufficient, but there
> seems to be plenty on the terrestrial feed.
>
> This is all very vague and anecdotal, but it might account for some
> confusion.
>
> Rory
>
> On 7/03/2017 07:31, "Karl - skooobie" <skooobie at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Robert F and I shared a few images of our respective schedules (mine with
>> EIT) and Robert's at the time with Schedules Direct, when it was trialed a
>> little while back. We found the differences to be trivial and amount of days
>> 7-8 too little to worry about. Meaning EIT (over the air delivered) was
>> sufficient for our needs. For interest here is a few pics between EIT and
>> Scheduels Direct. The grabbers show information levels in between the two.
>> So as you can see no real difference. The first images show the png icons
>> and how they display of further interest.
>>

>> I'll send some follow up pics for Schedules Direct, daily mythfill and
>> Mythweb's replacement.

Wow. Just tried DVB-T EIT instead of the good ol' trusty
XMLTV/tv_grab_nz-py combo.

Impressive - there's a 7 full days of data in the programme guide for
all my channels, including the ones previously unserved i.e. Apna, Te
Reo, Bravo Plus 1 et al. My OCD about not haivng missing channel data
is eased.

It's been a good run, XMLTV, but looks like EIT has finally matured.