[mythtvnz] TiVo replacement

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Mar 7 06:18:30 GMT 2017

On Tue, 7 Mar 2017 18:46:10 +1300, you wrote:

>And to be clear, you can record everything on a single mux with one tuner,
>assuming your network and your Disk IO stands up.
>
>DVB-T in NZ currently runs across 4 muxes, meaning with four tuners you
>could record all of TV all the time.
>
>The mux groupings are:
>
>Mux 1: HGTV, RNZ National, Al Jazeera
>
>Mux 2: TV1, TV2, TV1+1, TV2+1, Duke
>
>Mux 3: TV3, TV3+1, Bravo, Bravo+1, The Edge
>
>Mux 4: Prime, Te Reo, Maori TV, RNZ Concert, Parliament TV, Choice TV,
>Canterbury TV
>
>That's the way they appear in Christchurch. There are also shopping,
>christian, local and ethnic channels (eg Chinese TV), none of which
>interest me so they are not loaded on my system.
>
>I currently have 2 tuners (one HD Homerun) and I rarely have a conflict.
>Then again I don't record as much as I used to.

I record a lot, and have three DVB-T tuners, but even then I get
clashes at times where I can not record everything I want to that is
on at that moment.  It is only because Choice and HGTV (which I record
a fair bit from) have at least two more repeats at later times for all
programmes that I do not get unresolvable conflicts.  Prime also has
repeats for some of its programmes.