[mythtvnz] TiVo replacement

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 05:46:10 GMT 2017

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 6:31 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 4:41 PM, Rodney Halvorsen <rodneyh at clear.net.nz>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Craig,
>> Would you know if this channel multiplexing is possible with the
>> HDHomebase?
>> Rodney
>>

> Assuming you mean HD Homerun, the answer is "yes"

And to be clear, you can record everything on a single mux with one tuner,
assuming your network and your Disk IO stands up.

DVB-T in NZ currently runs across 4 muxes, meaning with four tuners you
could record all of TV all the time.

The mux groupings are:

Mux 1: HGTV, RNZ National, Al Jazeera

Mux 2: TV1, TV2, TV1+1, TV2+1, Duke

Mux 3: TV3, TV3+1, Bravo, Bravo+1, The Edge

Mux 4: Prime, Te Reo, Maori TV, RNZ Concert, Parliament TV, Choice TV,
Canterbury TV

That's the way they appear in Christchurch. There are also shopping,
christian, local and ethnic channels (eg Chinese TV), none of which
interest me so they are not loaded on my system.

I currently have 2 tuners (one HD Homerun) and I rarely have a conflict.
Then again I don't record as much as I used to.