[mythtvnz] New member

Criggie criggie at criggie.org.nz
Thu Mar 2 03:13:39 GMT 2017

Cool - welcome

What hardware do you have available for this project?

You'll want a minimum of
* A TV with HDMI input (vga works in a pinch but is not as pretty)
* A quietish PC with HDMI output that you can leave running 24/7
* Somewhere to leave it running out of the way, that won't get hot or
bumped.  Behind the TV is ideal.
* A broadband internet connection
* Some kind of receiver and aerial.....:

My understanding is a HD Homerun receiver and a UHF aerial are great if
you're in urban area with good signal (ie, dvb-t or terrestrial coverage)

Otherwise you need a satellite dish and a couple of dvb-s tuner cards.

And whatever cabling is needed to tie it all together.