[mythtvnz] New member

Peter Charlesworth peter at charlesworth.nz
Thu Mar 2 02:33:47 GMT 2017

Hi,

I've joined the mailing list today, mainly as a response to the news that
TiVo will be defunct in NZ after October 2017.  I'm devastated about this,
since we have three TiVo units, and can't speak highly enough of how good
they have been in practical functionality, as well as an alternative to the
offerings of Sky TV, to which I have a philosophical aversion.

I'm a technically capable person and I understand electrons, but I have
minimal practical experience at "circuit-board level", so the initial
onslaught of unfamiliar terms and concepts I have encountered in reading the
MythTV pages today have been somewhat mind boggling.  However, I'm hoping
that with the guidance of New Zealand experts in the MythTV field, and the
general information in the extensive resources of the main website, I may
in time be able to learn enough to assemble a good MythTV set-up of my own.
It certainly seems to be the best prospect that I can find to replace the
features of TiVo, and probably exceed them.

I look forward to hearing from you all,

Regards,

Peter