[mythtvnz] MythTV advice

Peter Charlesworth peter at charlesworth.nz
Tue Apr 11 05:08:51 BST 2017

From: mythtvnz-bounces at lists.linuxnut.co.nz
[mailto:mythtvnz-bounces at lists.linuxnut.co.nz] On Behalf Of Robert Fisher
Sent: Tuesday, 11 April, 2017 3:29 PM
To: MythTV in NZ <mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz>
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] MythTV advice

On 02/03/17 17:09, Peter Charlesworth wrote:

Hi,

I'm a new registrant, hoping to locate a MythTV expert in my geographical
area,

I am curious to know how this panned out. Did Peter get a working system set
up?

Thanks very much for your enquiry Robert.

I had a great meeting with Wade some weeks ago, and was introduced to his
most impressive set-up.  He has given me some great ideas that I am still
working on.  In the interim, I have rebuilt an old desktop computer I had,
putting in new motherboard, CPU and adding hard drives, and I've now
successfully installed Ubuntu on it.  I'm currently still grappling with the
issues of hard drive partitions.  I've bagged a HomeRun connect on TradeMe,
so have now just to finalise a frontend arrangement.

I feel that I have made good progress, but will probably have to seek more
advice in the near future, with respect to the final layout of my system.
Thanks again for your interest.

Peter

PS: I'm having major trouble with email returns, apparently because my
server (Orcon) had been somehow blacklisted because of spam originating from
a client.  Their only advice is "keep sending it", which is getting a bit
tedious.  This is the third time I've tried this reply to Robert's message.