[mythtvnz] Schedules Direct vs epg.org.nz vs tv_grab_nz-py

Robert Fisher robert at fisher.net.nz
Tue Sep 13 05:58:47 BST 2016

On 13/09/16 16:46, Austin Green wrote:
> Having got round those, by running on the command line in 'configure' mode, I need to know what to name and where to put the config file generated. Is it in ~/.mythtv, or ~mythtv/.mythtv,  or ... ?  And named what?

Note that the configuration file name must match that name of the video
source configured in mythtv-setup for the
mythbackend/mythfilldatabase to use this grabber.

If you run configure as your username it will be put into

/home/yourusername/.mythtv

You also need to symlink otherwise mythfilldatabase will not work
automatically (it uses the user mythtv)
e.g.
sudo ln
-s/home/yourusername/.mythtv/Freeview.xmltv/home/mythtv/.mythtv/Freeview.xmltv