[mythtvnz] Schedules Direct vs epg.org.nz vs tv_grab_nz-py

Austin Green austin.green at orcon.net.nz
Tue Sep 13 05:46:33 BST 2016

Thanks for the offer.  I've recently installed tv_grab_nz-py to have a play with it.  There are a couple of problems so far:

1. It crashes in 'configure' mode when it reaches Maori TV, which has an A-macron unicode character.  I have fixed that; if anyone wants a copy of the modified script, please say.

2. When run under MythTV (as opposed to on the command line) in 'configure' mode, the channels presented for the user to select from are all invisible; they are all displayed *after* the selection process has finished - not a lot of use!  I hope to fix that soon (I think it's to do with the use of the raw_input function)

Having got round those, by running on the command line in 'configure' mode, I need to know what to name and where to put the config file generated. Is it in ~/.mythtv, or ~mythtv/.mythtv,  or ... ?  And named what?

Austin.